The Accounting Specialist performs a variety of specialized, technical clerical accounting and bookkeeping functions for Central Valley.
DUTIES & RESONSIBILITIES:
The principle responsibilities of the Accounting Specialist shall consist of, but are not limited to the following:
- Assist with Accounts Payable processing:
- Verifying quantity, price, freight, and terms from vendor’s invoice to purchase order, packing slip, inventory receipt and act on discrepancies.
- Prepare invoice deduction notices and ensure the appropriate supplier credit is created as needed.
- Interact with vendors and internal customers by phone, fax, or email to respond to inquiries and reconcile any billing discrepancies.
- Review vendor statements and research past due invoices.
- Maintain Accounts Payable files.
- Process supplier invoices daily for Lumbermens Merchandising Corporation (LMC) and reconcile vendor statements.
- Research anomalies on the Accounts Payable dashboard for assigned vendors (i.e. stock receipts greater than 45 days old that have not been matched with a vendor invoice; unprocessed supplier credits, etc.)
- Maintain all records and reconcile balances for deposits paid on sales invoices and cash on account balances. Perform research on any deposit or cash account balance that is not completed within 90 days.
- Maintain all records and reconcile balances for gift cards and gift certificates purchased, ensuring gift cards are entered with their full 16-digit number.
- Monthly reconcile balance sheet accounts as assigned.
- Prepare and post monthly journal entries as assigned.
- Prepare all 1099 forms for filing and distribution.
- Help assign vehicle numbers to trucks and fill out required DMV forms, traveling to DMV to register vehicles and reassign plates as needed.
- Perform daily cash balancing for the Admin drawer and act as backup for balancing daily cash for all retail locations.
- Act as backup for Bi-Weekly Payroll processing
- Ensure compliance with all company written policies and procedures.
- Assist with special projects as assigned.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Skill in maintaining and reconciling accounting and financial records.
- Ability to compile, interpret, and analyze complex data.
- Skill in both verbal and written communication.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and budgeting practices.
- Proficiency in EXCEL and general accounting software
- Bachelor degree in Accounting or Finance or related experience.
- 2+ years of Accounting experience
HOW TO APPLY:
Please apply by e-mail. Attach your resume and send it to email@example.com with the job title in the Subject line.