The Marketing Communications Specialist is responsible for developing and executing marketing communications plans and driving activities across all customer touch points, including branding, corporate messaging, lead generation campaigns, industry events, and sales and marketing collateral, in order to drive aggressive revenue growth and market recognition.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides brand management expertise, including Brand Guideline Management (Brand Enforcement)
- Develops and manages advertising campaigns targeted to our targeted customers, including creation of social media content
- Maintains corporate website
- Works with Category Business Managers on the development of annual/seasonal business objectives, detailing and documenting proposed marketing activities to support brand and sales goals.
- Works with Category Business Managers to identify key business issues as well as unmet customer needs to initiate work streams to address these opportunities
- Works with other members of the greater marketing team, including Category Business Managers, to determine creative direction, messaging, and collateral for campaign strategy along with setting shared campaign goals
- Develops and drives events, creative, targeted promotions and lead generation programs (including direct mail), ensuring program goals align with both sales and marketing priorities
- Leads copy writing and complete artwork review for marketing materials and campaigns to ensure information is accurate, compelling, and aligned with brand guidelines
- Meets with sales leadership to solicit insights and ultimately secure program buy-in
- Communicates early and often with the Sales team to ensure that all events & marketing communication plans are understood and that lead follow-up occurs in a timely manner
- Manages all vendor logistics for marketing activities (e.g. production)
- Participates in merchandise and store creative decisions as needed or requested
- Ensures customer mailings and other touch point tests are measurable and successful
- Develops and manages digital marketing campaigns
- Exhibits Brand Behaviors consistently
- Identifies KPIs across all campaign initiatives with all relevant marketing programs and channels
- Manages the budget. Delivery of all marketing activity within agreed budget. Draft quarterly and annual budgets (POS, events, direct mail etc)
- Collaborates with Category Business Managers and Insights and Analytics on program initiatives to measure and optimize performance against goals
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or Business, or other related field required
- Hands-on Marketing experience desired
- B2B marketing and communications experience preferred
- Strong knowledge of traditional marketing, digital & social marketing, content marketing, and advertising strategy
- Excellent understanding of all marketing communication vehicles, with a particular strength in messaging, content creation/writing, creative development (POS, POP, direct mail, digital), event management, and lead generation campaigns
- Working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, InDesign
- Must be flexible, possess strong prioritization and time management skills and have the ability to work within a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Outstanding organizational skills, detail oriented, and ability to multi-task
- Experience working with marketing or email automation applications and content management systems a plus.
- Must be a team player and possess the ability to work across the organization with business personnel at all levels