The Rental Yard Mechanic inspects, services and repairs motorized power equipment.
- Performs routine engine maintenance, such as lubricating parts and replacing spark plugs.
- Tests and inspects engines for malfunctionin parts.
- Repairs or replaces worn, defective, or broken parts.
- Reassembles and reinstalls components and engines following repairs.
- Keeps records of inspections, test results, work performed, and parts used.
- Discusses equipment issues, maintenance plans and work performed with manager.
- Uses a variety of hand tools, including scrwdrivers, wrenches and pliers ofr many common tasks.
- Disassembles major parts for repairs and reassembles them properly.
- Attends safety meetings regularly.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Exhibits brand behaviors consistently.
- Strong reading, writing and math skills required
- Customer service skills required
- Detail oriented
- Manual dexterity and good hand-eye coordination required
- Troubleshooting skills required
- Must be familiar with engine components and systems and know how they interact with each other
- Must be familiar with electronic control systems and the appropriate tools needed to maintain and fix them
- 2 plus years of in small engine repair experience required